Thursday, March 13, 2008

The power of the fans!!!

So I just happened to stumble upon this from our beloved Brian Windhorst of the Akron Beacon Journal today:

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/16634741.html

Damon Jones had announced plans to shave off his Mohawk after this two-game road trip. But the style has caught on among basketball players and, apparently, fans. A group of fans started a blog aimed at getting Jones to save the 'do, at http://savedjsmohawk.blogspot.com/. Jones has heard about the site.

''Maybe I'll have to reconsider,'' Jones said. ''If enough fans feel that way, I don't want to disappoint them.''

I don't want to start partying prematurely but it sounds as if Mr. Jones has reconsidered his ill-fated decision! We'll know more in the next couple of days. Be on the lookout for the mohawk tonight in Washington D.C. and more importantly, hopefully still intact at the Q on Sunday vs. the Bobcats. More updates to come on this breaking news...

1 comment:

Matt said...

From Cavs.com...
Comments: If Mo Williams had your hairstyle, it'd be a Mohawk. If Joe Smith had it, it'd be a Johawk. If Ben Wallace had a big one, it'd be a Frohawk. If Gloria James had one, it'd be the Glohawk. If Eric had one, it would be the Snowhawk. What do you call yours?

You're a showman, so it could be the Shohawk. You're also a stud, so it could be the Beauhawk. You're big money, so it could be the Flowhawk. You're an artist on the court, so it could be the Van Goghhawk (that's money). And finally, becuase you hit big knockout shots, it should probably be the K.O.hawk. Any thoughts?
First Name: Miguel
City: Cleveland
State: Ohio

DJ: I like where you’re going with that.

I don’t have a name for mine. Maybe if it had an origin. But it was just something different. I was just looking for new things to freshen up a situation. I am my own marketing firm. So that’s the reason I started the Mohawk.

Since I got it, I’ve been getting many positive responses on it, and that’s why I’ve kept it this long. I have two more arenas that I’m going to play in with the Mohawk – in New Jersey and in Washington – and then the cut known as the Mohawk will be no more.

Then it’s time to do something else. I’m always being creative.