Thursday, April 10, 2008

A distubing trend

Honestly, when I started this blog I never imagined that DJ would be the odd man out of the Cavs rotation. Wednesday night marked the 4th straight DNP-CD for Damon. You know he has to be getting frustrated (as evidenced by the PD article in my previous post and this one from the Brian Windhorst). I understand that Boobie needs to be integrated back into the lineup. He is an important piece of the puzzle. And I understand going with Sczcerbiak and West for long stretches. We need all these guys on the same page in the playoffs. But to me, that includes DJ as well. He was enjoying his best season as a Cavalier and was really stretching the defense and making them pay for sagging on LeBron. I don't understand cutting him out of the rotation completely.

Damon - my best advice to you is to bring back the Hawk. The fans love it. I love to write about it. And you were in the rotation and playing well with it. Then you went and messed up a good thing and karma is punishing you. But karma can give as well as take. Bring back the Hawk and restore order in Cavalier Land. I'm asking you for your own good now.

Remember how happy you were back then? There's a way to bring that back...

No comments: